The HeliSAS Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System from Genesys Aerosystems brings the tremendous safety and workload reduction advantages of stability augmentation – once reserved for military and transport category helicopters – to a wide range of light and medium helicopter models. Weighing less than 15 lbs., the HeliSAS sets a new standard for helicopter productivity. It dramatically reduces pilot workload while providing precise control during all modes of flight, regardless of wind conditions or shifts in weight.
Designed to be engaged at all times – “SAS on” before takeoff and “SAS off” after landing – HeliSAS enhances stability and ease of handling. While the pilot may override the HeliSAS at any time with manual cyclic inputs, the attitude stabilization and force feel features enhance handling characteristics to mitigate inadvertent cyclic control inputs that could result in dangerous attitudes. Roll trim limits are +5˚ to -5˚ and pitch trim limits are +11˚ and -6˚. In situations like whiteouts or brownouts where a pilot may lose visual reference, the HeliSAS helps maintain attitude.
Features and Benefits
- Reduced weight (under 16 lbs.). Parallel design means fewer components and maximized useful aircraft load.
- Improved control. Stability augmentation enhances safety and reduces pilot workload.
- Increased reliability. All-digital, full-authority system is based on dual-processor, fail-passive architecture.
- Affordability. Cost-efficient safety and control system for Part 27 helicopters.
HeliSAS is available in three configurations to address a variety of mission requirements:
1. Stability Augmentation System Only
2. Stability Augmentation System with Beep Trim
3. Stability Augmentation System and Autopilot with or w/o Beep Trim
All three configurations provide important workload reduction and safety enhancements, including significant stability improvement and automatic recovery to near level flight. If the helicopter is inadvertently flown to an extreme attitude, releasing the cyclic when the HeliSAS is engaged will automatically return the helicopter to a neutral attitude. Further, the HeliSAS Autopilot system provides many of the functions found in very heavy, expensive helicopter autopilots, but at a fraction of the cost and weight.
Note: Provisions are included in all HeliSAS kits. Kits must be installed by authorized dealer.