Bell 412EP/EPI HEC Hoist Kits
Aeronautical Accessories continues to expand our extensive hoist options for Bell Mediums. New Human External Cargo (HEC) hoist kits have been developed for the Bell 412EP and 412EPI that meet FAA Part 29 HEC requirements.
Our Bell 412 HEC hoist feature the following improvements and enhancements:
- Allows flight with suspended load
- Improved load limiter - 40% limit load factor increase required for HEC (negates Airworthiness Directive)
- Cockpit display unit and pendant annunciations
- Improved backup Quick Release System (Zephyr)
- Compatible with additional Aeronautical Accessories equipment (optional)
- HEC Hoist LED Light Kit
- HEC Hoist Camera Kit
- Float Skid Guard Kit
The performance of our HEC hoist includes the following specifications:
- Higher speed at full load - 200 fpm
- Lowering speed - 260 fpm
- Max lift load: 600 lbs - rated load lifting capacity of 600 lbs (272 kg) at a nominal speed of 200 feet per minute (61 m/min)
- Limit load: 2100 lbs
Optional Hoist Accessories
Hoist Camera Kit: The Hoist Camera offers a view looking down from the hoist assembly toward the ground. The camera outputs a common video signal compatible with typical displays and recorders. Electrical power for the camera is controlled with the hoist control panel ON/OFF switch.
Float Skid Guard Kit: The Float Skid Guard protects the skid tube and the float bag. It must be installed if the rotorcraft is equipped with emergency floats.
Hoist Light Kit: The Hoist Light is mounted to the belly of the rotorcraft to illuminate the hoisting area below: Electrical power for the light is controlled with the hoist control panel ON/OFF switch.
Important: No passenger step may be installed on the right hand side of the aircraft concurrently with the external hoist EXCEPT:
- Aeronautical Accessories Right Hand Flitestep® / Floatstep™ part #412-300-XXX (installed per report # AA-93086 or AA-97087.
- Step that does not exceed R.B.L. 53.00 for low skid gear.
- Step that does not exceed R.B.L. 58.00 for high skid gear.